After the success of OnePlus Nord, the brand is gearing to launch its successor. OnePlus Nord 2 will be launched soon in Nepal. OnePlus had two importers in Nepal and OnePlus has officially confirmed that the OnePlus Nord 2 5G will definitely launched in Nepal. Also, the brand has begun teasing the device on all its social media handles. OnePlus Nord 2’s leaked features and information are as follows.
OnePlus Nord 2 will be the first OnePlus device to be powered by a MediaTek chipset. It will ship with the flagship dimensity 1200 AI SoC, a tweaked version of dimensity 1200 SoC. While the announcement did not detail other features of this smartphone, leaks have helped us gain plenty.
The Nord successor is expected to feature a design similar to the OnePlus 9. Besides this, the device is tipped to feature 50-megapixel triple rear cameras and a 4500mAh battery. Now that you have a brief idea of the expected changes, let’s talk about them in detail.
OnePlus Nord 2 leaked specs and features
- OnePlus Nord was launched in order to gain control over the mid-range segment. And the smartphone has been pretty successful in that. Now expectations from the Nord successor are high, so it will be interesting to see what the brand has on offer.
- OnePlus has already confirmed it will be launched in Nepal but date is still not exposed buy the OnePlus Nepal. Also, the smartphone has been listed on their Facebook page, confirming that it will be exclusive to Offline and online both platforms. A note on the website says that the device will be launched for users in Asian and European countries.
- Although the design of the OnePlus Nord 2 is yet to be revealed, but leaks were confirming that it will be same as OnePlus 9. From what we can see, the smartphone appears to have a design similar to the high-end OnePlus 9. On the rear, it gets a rectangular camera module with a triple rear camera and a flash. The placement of the tertiary lens and the LED flash is a bit off, though. Also, Assemblage branding missing at the back suggests that the premium camera partnership may be limited to top models.
- Unlike the original Nord, it features a single punch-hole display on the front. The volume rocker is on the left, while the power button and the alert slider are placed on the right. We don’t see a side-mounted fingerprint, so the OnePlus Nord 2 will likely feature an in-display scanner for authentication. The device appears in green colour, but we may see more options during the launch.
- Further, the device is tipped to sport a 6.43-inch FHD+ AMOLED display with a refresh rate of 90Hz. It will be powered by MediaTek Dimensity 1200 AI SoC which should be a decent upgrade over the Snapdragon 765G SoC. The device could ship with up to 12GB of RAM and 256GB of onboard storage.
- In a post on the OnePlus Community forum, CEO Pete Lau said that “OnePlus Nord 2 5G is a comprehensive upgrade from the first OnePlus Nord, from camera to performance to charging, as well as the newly AI-focused Dimensity 1200-AI SoC.” So, we can expect better charging speeds and camera performance on the upcoming device.
- As far as the cameras are concerned, the OnePlus Nord 2 is said to feature a Sony-IMX766 50-megapixel primary sensor, an 8-megapixel ultra-wide lens and another 2-megapixel macro lens. Unlike the OnePlus Nord, the upcoming iteration would feature a single 32-megapixel shooter for selfies on the front.
- The OnePlus Nord 2 is also hinted to see a battery change. From what we have heard, the upcoming device will get a bigger 4500mAh battery than the 4115mAh battery on the OnePlus Nord. Finally, it may ship with a 65W fast charger up from the 30W on the OnePlus Nord.
OnePlus Nord 2 expected price Nepal
OnePlus Nord CE was recently launched at a starting pricing of Rs 44,999/- and 51,499/- whereas the base variant of OnePlus Nord goes for Rs 46,999/-. Considering the OnePlus Nord 2 is a step up in most aspects, we expect it to be priced similarly or slightly higher.